sTANg's History Page!
♦    On August 28, 2008 I Retired from playing music   ♦
Cick here for a detailed biography!
Where I Played:
- I was Pit Drummer & Music Contractor for California Musical Theaterfor 54 years, doing Broadway Shows.
- I was Timpanist for the Sacramento Choral Society & Orchestra
- I was Timpanist for the Sacramento Opera Association
- I was Timpanist for the Sacramento Philharmonic Orchestra
- I was Principal Timpanist for the Late Sacramento Symphony Orchestra. I had been in this orchestra since the 50's!
- In the 50's I played Jazz and gave drum lessons............
- In the '60's I was a founding member of The New Music Ensemble (NME) a group that pioneered new music & free group improvisations
- In the late 60's, I started to build "Electronic Sculptures" that were more or less "self modifying" auto-performance units. I still am working in this area today, but not as active as before. Many of these machines have been running without stop since then. They are called "Moosack Machines"
- I was a founding member of AMRA/ARMA a group devoted to performing live-electronic & percussion theatricals (now called performance art?) in the '70's
- I was one of the Composer/Editor/Publishers of SOURCE: Music of the Avant Garde, an international periodical about "new music". We published full scores of the latest in Avant Garde music, & the magazines contained LP Records, slides, fur...........
- I was sysop and WebMaster for MacNexus, the Sacramento Macintosh User Group
Current Interests & Activities:
Get in touch with me at: sTANg@moosack.net